- Responsible for the receipt, movement & shipment of raw materials & finished goods within the production plant
- Operates all material handling equipment including hand trucks & forklifts
- Records receipt of all materials entering the facility including raw materials, packaging & related supplies
- Pulls sample of all incoming raw materials & submits to Quality Control Dept. for evaluation
- Unloads inbound raw materials and loads outbound finished goods in accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Palletizes & shrink wraps finished goods for shipment via LTL
- Processes all outgoing small packages via UPS
- Maintains clean, organized, and safe work area including but not limited to sweeping/mopping floors and trash removal.
- Performs all other assigned duties related to plant warehouse operation as needed.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
- Knowledgeable in GMP and HACCP programs
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years shipping/receiving experience
- Hard working, reliable individual with attention to detail
- Must be physically capable of lifting 50 lb. pails and moving 55 gallon drums of material
- Forklift experience
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of Haz Mat shipping requirements for UPS, Fed Ex & LTL shipments
- Ability and willingness to follow plant safety, quality, environmental and security policies & guidelines
- Familiarity with flavor/fragrance shipping requirements a strong plus
- Target Flavors, Inc.
251 Enterprise Drive
Newport News, VA 23603
Send Resume to:
Bill MacLean – firstname.lastname@example.org