Laboratory Technician – Flavors
This position will assist Flavor Chemists in creating commercial flavor systems to be implemented into various food and beverage categories.
- Compound commercial flavors, keys & concentrates (for use in flavor lab, food & beverage applications, customer samples & flavor production).
- Organize and maintain complete inventory of raw materials & finished flavors
- Develop working relationships with raw material suppliers
- Organize and maintain lab supplies
- Prepare finished food & beverage samples for screening flavor systems
- Prepare flavor sample shipments per customer request
- Process flavor samples for shipment to customer base
- Conduct testing of finished flavors (physical, chemical, organoleptic)
- Work closely with flavor chemists to evaluate, modify flavor creations
- Acquire working knowledge of all raw materials and their core uses/attributes
- Ingredient research – keep abreast of latest technologies & ingredient offerings
- Catalogue new flavors to be used for customer submissions
- Maintain flavor formulation database, vendor documentation, etc.
- Maintain clean & organized work area for flavor team
- Other flavor/lab duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or equivalent work experience
- 2 + years lab compounding experience
- Excellent organoleptic skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational & computer skills
- Excellent verbal, written, computation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of basic flavor raw materials and regulations governing the flavor industry
- Knowledge of basic flavor creation processes and procedures a strong plus
- Previous flavor creation experience a strong plus
- Target Flavors, Inc.
7 Del Mar Drive
Brookfield, CT 06804
Send Resume to:
Bill MacLean – email@example.com