Candidate will manage and support the activities of the Quality Control & Regulatory Department. Testing raw materials and related ingredients used in the manufacture of food and beverage flavorings. Monitor activities to ensure quality of products produced comply with customer requirements, federal, state, and local regulations. Ensure vendor compliance with company policies, procedures, and guidelines. Assist in the implementation and improvement of the global quality and food safety programs.
- Support overall execution of supplier quality program, including qualifications and/or audits, routine monitoring, assessments, action requests and issue resolution.
- Manage quality control inspections, testing, and control of raw materials and finished products to ensure compliance to standard and customer requirements
- Manage and maintain raw material & finished flavor documentation
- Assist in development, implementation, review and maintenance of quality control systems and procedures
- Monitor plant activities to ensure compliance with customer expectations for accuracy, quality and timeliness
- Develop and implement action plans to address quality concerns
- Develop and implement Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system, operational quality standards, batch sheets, and specification sheets
- Understand proper use of testing equipment and provides guidance on safety, machine operation, sanitation, quality, customer service, and maintenance.
- Assist in risk assessment process and food safety system
- Help manage HACCP plan and pre-requisite programs
- Collect, maintain and update corporate standard operating procedures, policies, and templates for all food safety related records
- Routinely audit food safety practices to objectively evaluate performance and provide feedback
- Communicate and apply company philosophy, policies, procedures, and expectations
- Participate in customer trials of new products
- Ensure compliance with food safety protocols
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- 5 years experience in food related business with manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of analytical testing procedures including instrumentation and chemical analyses (i.e. – refractometer, pH meter, titration, GC/MS, flash point, densitometer, etc.)
- Strong Organoleptic Skills
- One year experience in a lead or supervisory role
- Knowledge of food manufacturing regulatory requirements, HACCP, good manufacturing practices (GMP’s), SQF and related concepts
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Quality Control experience w/Food Industry – manufacturing environment preferred: 5 years
- Target Flavors, Inc.
251 Enterprise Drive
Newport News, VA 23603
Send Resume to:
Bill MacLean – firstname.lastname@example.org