Candidate will oversee the activities of the quality control department. Testing raw materials and related ingredients used in the manufacture of Food & Beverage flavorings. Monitor activities to ensure quality of products produced comply with customer requirements, federal, state, and local regulations. Ensures associates comply with company policies, procedure, and guidelines. Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Ensures products meet quality standards
- Communicates and applies company philosophy, policies, procedures, and expectations
- Develops and implements Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system, operational quality standards, batch sheets, and specification sheets.
- Manages quality control inspections, testing, and control of raw materials and finished products to ensure compliance to standard and customer requirements
- Assists in development, implementation, review and maintenance of quality control systems and procedure
- Monitors plant activities to ensure compliance with customer expectations for accuracy, quality and timeliness
- Develops and implements action plans to address quality concerns
- Ensures access to necessary tools/equipment and that they are routinely inspected
- Understands proper use of testing equipment and provides guidance on safety, machine operation, sanitation, quality, customer service, and maintenance.
- Participates in customer trials of new products
- Ensures compliance with food safety protocols
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- 5 years experience in food related business with manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of analytical testing procedures including instrumentation and chemical analyses
- Strong Organoleptic Skills
- One year experience in a lead or supervisor role
- Knowledge of food manufacturing regulatory requirements, HACCP, good manufacturing practices (GMP’s), SQF and related concepts
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Some experience interacting with company customers
- Quality Control experience w/Food Industry – manufacturing environment preferred: 5 years
- Target Flavors, Inc.
251 Enterprise Drive
Newport News, VA 23603