Senior Food Technologist – Sweet Flavor Applications
This position is responsible for taking ownership of projects that showcase our flavors in high quality commercially viable flavor applications in the Sweet Goods Category. The formulation of finished prototypes should take into account market knowledge, regulatory guidelines, cost parameters, processing requirements and other specifications as outlined in customer brief. The position will be responsible for developing new product formulas, applying flavors in various bases and producing prototypes in the laboratory. Regular interaction with sales, marketing and flavorists will be necessary to meet project goals.
- Develop commercially scalable food & beverage prototype formulations
- Develop food & beverage application bases to showcase flavors and related technologies in beverage, dairy, bakery and confectionery products.
- Create new product concepts based on trends for customer presentations
- Make flavor selections and adjust flavor levels in application for optimal performance and demonstration to customer
- Build and maintain a library of application specific flavors & food ingredients for use in project work
- Deliver presentations in a technical capacity to clients as required
- Utilize food processing equipment to test and optimize flavors in finished products.
- Participate in tasting sessions and strive to develop expertise and proficiency in the organoleptic evaluation of flavors
- Keep abreast of technical knowledge & developments in terms of ingredients, formulations and processes relating to beverage, dairy, bakery & confectionery products.
- Maintain accurate and retrievable records of applications formulas and procedures
- Maintain a clean and efficient laboratory workspace
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- 5 + years experience in food related manufacturing environment preferred
- Thorough understanding of product development, processes, ingredient reactions and flavor technologies
- Knowledge of food manufacturing regulatory requirements, HACCP, GMP, SQF and related concepts
- Ability to conduct product demonstrations and power point presentations
- Strong analytical, organizational & project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, computer and communication skills
- Ability to build relationships within team and externally with customers and vendors
- Target Flavors, Inc.
251 Enterprise Drive
Newport News, VA 23603
Send Resume to:
Bill MacLean – firstname.lastname@example.org