Candidate is responsible for direct supervision of hourly manufacturing employees; ensuring the safe operation of daily activities while meeting established production schedules; communicating production goals and objectives to maximize plant efficiencies in support of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for supervising all the manufacturing process.
- Works in tandem with Production Manager to develop and implement SOPs, GMPs, work instructions and visual aids.
- Monitor batch activity and daily inventory inputs
- Promotes a safe work environment: Leads by example; identifies and eliminates hazards in all processes; monitors and mentors employees to avoid unsafe work practices and adhere to safety and sanitation policies.
- Coordinates shifts, arranges schedules, and monitors employee’s performance.
- Monitors employees’ attendance; reviews and approves timesheets.
- Provides training, couching and mentoring to hourly employees.
- Establishes goals and objectives to meet production, quality and food safety requirements.
- Manages full time, part time and temporary seasonal staff to meet customer’s orders.
- Leads the team to meet or exceed daily production goals.
- Collaborates to improve plant productivity and increase efficiency.
- Identifies and resolves process issues as they arise.
- Willingness and ability for occasional travel
- Others as assigned by manager.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years flavor manufacturing experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years supervisory experience with proven track record.
- Must possess computer skills, to include Word, Excel, Access and Outlook, and have the ability to learn other internal computer programs.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational ability
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate in English: read, write, speak (Preferred)
- Comprehensive understanding of FDA & SQF guidelines.
- Degree or related experience required.
- Target Flavors, Inc.
251 Enterprise Drive
Newport News, VA 23603