Candidate is detailed oriented, hard working individual with strong math skills and previous experience / knowledge of batch manufacturing, preferably within a flavor, chemical, or food/beverage plant. Production position engaged in the manufacture of liquid/dry food and beverage flavorings and related ingredients.
- High School graduate with strong math skills
- Minimum two years experience in flavor manufacturing including a working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice and applicable Food and Drug Administration guidelines
- Experience in the production of emulsions, extracts, liquid compounds, dry flavor blends and related processing techniques
- Knowledge of processing techniques and related equipment for homogenization, filtration, filling, labeling, packaging, weighing.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to calculate formulations and make metric/U.S. measure conversions
- Good mechanical aptitude including the ability to operate forklift.
- Produce flavors and extracts as per formula batch sheets
- Produce Gum solutions
- Process extractions primarily by automated filtration process but w/ some manual filtration.
- Compound and batch finished flavors
- Moderate to heavy lifting
- Flavor Compounding or Chemical Compounding: 2 years
- High school or equivalent
- Target Flavors, Inc.
251 Enterprise Drive
Newport News, VA 23603